Designation Key:  (Designations are a function of governmental entities)

  • NR : Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, National Park Service
  • RTHL : Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, State of Texas
  • SAL : State Archaeological Landmark, State of Texas
  • DD : Demolition Delay for up to 180 days
  • H&C : Historic & Cultural Landmark, City of Fort Worth
  • HSE : Highly Significant & Endangered, City of Fort Worth
  • Yellow : Yellow indicates that the resource was saved or designated.
  • Blue : Blue indicates a deal is in the works that HFW believes has potential.
  • Red : Red indicates that the property was demolished.
  • Green : For repetitive listings
  • ** The owner asked for and received advice from HFW

2004 Endangered Places

  • Bridges over Trinity River, Various Locations, maintenance plan for historic bridges in Tarrant County created by TxDOT in 2013, though Vickery Street Bridge was not included
  • Fort Worth Recreation Building, 215 W. Vickery Boulevard, 1927, building has been mothballed and preserved until full rehabilitation is possible
  • Greater St. James Baptist Church, 210 Harding Street, 1918 (NR, RTHL, H&C)
  • Knights of Pythias Hall, 900 E. 2nd Street, 1925 (H&C)
  • Max Mehl Building, 1228 S. Henderson Street at Magnolia Avenue, 1930(H&C) (in2007)
  • Single-Screen Movie Theaters
  • Swift & Co. Office Building, 600 E. Exchange Avenue, 1902 (NR, RTHL) (See 2005 listing.)
  • Smith-Swinney Motor Co., 1012-20 W. 7th Street, 1927 (See 2005 listing)
  • Tandy Wire & Cable, 3600 Mc Cart Ave., 1919, purchased by G.A.S. International in 2005
  • Texas & Pacific Warehouse, 401 W. Lancaster Ave., 1930-31(NR, RTHL, HSE)
  • Wayside Church of God in Christ, 2100 Beckham Place, 1944-45 (HSE)