Open Doors / Open Gates Weekend Tour:
The Open Doors / Open Gates Weekend is an exclusive weekend showcasing design in Fort Worth. This larger event encompasses the AIA Fort Worth Homes Tour and the Historic Fort Worth’s Garden Tour. This year’s events occur May 17th through May 19th. With 1800+ attendees, designated neighborhoods of our city are teeming with design enthusiasts. Exterior to interior, historic to present, exclusive residences in our city are on display and are ready to inspire your next architecture + landscape project. Come learn about the story of Fort Worth neighborhoods and the process of working with an architect. The Open Doors/ Open Gates Weekend is presented by Historic Fort Worth Inc., American Institute of Architects Fort Worth Chapter and DFW Section of the Texas American Society of Landscape Architects.
Tickets and Prices:
HISTORIC FORT WORTH GARDEN TOUR | $25 per ticket here (HFW members may buy up to 2 tickets for $20 each until May 1st) *
HISTORIC FORT WORTH PATRON EVENING SUNSET TOUR | $250 per ticket here (reservation required)
AIA FORT WORTH HOMES TOUR | $20 per ticket at Eventbright before May 18th; $25 per ticket at the homes during the tour or $10 per house for single home ticket.
*Tickets will not be mailed, they will need to be picked up at will call!
May 17th Historic Fort Worth Patron Evening Sunset Tour and Dinner 5pm
May 18th AIA Fort Worth Homes Tour 12 noon to 6pm
May 19th Historic Fort Worth Garden Tour 12 noon to 6pm
May 19th AIA Fort Worth Homes Tour 12 noon to 6pm
The Home Wood Suites-Hilton at 2200 Charlie Lane has reserved a block of rooms for those from out of town who want to go to the Open Doors/Open Gates tours. Breakfast is included in the room rate and the discounted rate is good until May 3rd. Cookies and punch are available at check-in. Reserve here.
Ticket Locations for Hidden Gardens: Tickets will go on sale Tuesday, April 2nd
- Historic Fort Worth, 1110 Penn Street, 817-336-2344 or online here
- Archie’s Gardenland, 6700 Camp Bowie Boulevard, 76116
- C.C.’s Touch of Nature, 3912 West Vickery Boulevard, 76107
- Calloway’s Nursery, 2651 S. Hulen Street, 76109
Open Doors + Open Gates Presenters and Professionals
We appreciate your understanding that being in these private home and gardens is a privilege!
The fine print:
AIA Fort Worth Homes Tour Rules:
- No strollers in the homes or on the property–devices that strap baby directly to a parent (infant carriers) are welcome.
- Absolutely no photos taken inside of the homes by tour attendees.
- Must wear socks in the homes or the provided shoecovers.
For additional information check out the AIA website here
HFW Garden Tour Rules:
- Strollers are not permitted beyond the front check-in table–devices that strap baby directly to a parent (infant carriers) are welcome.
- Photography limited to plants only
- the tour is rain or shine, no refunds.
- Pets are not permitted
- No food allowed
Historic Fort Worth
817.336.2344 x 100
AIA Fort Worth
Alesha Niedziela, Assoc. AIA | Executive Director
ASLA Texas DFW Section
Anita Beard, ASLA | DFW