2106 Amanda ST – Amanda

The history of this structure is unclear. Given its form and ornamental details, it is likely that the building was constructed about 1907 as a residence. According to local sources it was moved to this location during the late 1960s or early 1970s. Oscar Teal purchased the house in 1975 and converted it for use as a church, the Christ Temple Pentecost, in 1981. The rectangular plan building is clad in channel rustic siding, and the projecting gabled portico has a frieze with alternating rows of sawtooth and flshscale shingles.

Leave a Comment