701-09 N Sylvania AVE – Sylvania

This one-story commercial building faced in ochre brick with a bracketed, hipped parapet roof sits on a corner lot in a 1920s commercial district. The transom windows runs above the glazed storefronts facing Sylvania have been filled in. The 1927 city directory lists the Oakhurst Drug Co, Piggly-Wiggly, and Oakhurst Cleaners as the tenants. J.O. Blanton was the first owner.

Leave a Comment