Alexander-Heeman House – Jennings

This two-story wood-framed house has clapboard walls and is generally rectangular in plan. The roof is a series of interlocking hips with flaring eaves. A porch wraps around the front and one side, supported by boxed paneled posts. Built c. 1908, the house’s first owner was Thomas H. Alexander, a real estate broker. The Heeman family, and descendants, owned the property from 1920 until 1982. The house is a typical example from its period. The Alexander-Heeman House has been demolished.

Leave a Comment