Bicocchi Building – Jennings

Louis Bicocchi, a prominent grocer in 19th century Fort Worth, established the Fort Worth Macaroni Paste Factory c. 1900. In 1905 this became part of John B. Laneri’s Fort Worth Macaroni Co., of which Bicocchi was named treasurer and manager (see 902 S. Jennings Avenue). He erected this two-story brick building c. 1909, renting out the ground floor storefronts to various businesses. The second story contained apartments. The building is notable for its use of materials, including cast-iron piers, skillfully applied brick and cast stone trim. Cast stone ornament includes a vaguely Art Nouveau woman’s head and the letter “B” set into triangular projections of the parapet. The building appears to be eligible for the National Register. The Bicocchi Building was designated Demolition Delay in 1995.

Leave a Comment