Case/Stripling House – Clinton

William E. Case, who operated the Case and Pittman Meat Market, purchased this lot in 1905 and appears to have resided here for a short time. A 1906 mechanic’s lien indicates that this simple, wood-frame house was built, or perhaps rebuilt, for Frank Stripling, a barber. The L-plan with half porch is a common folk type.

Leave a Comment