Clinton Avenue Baptist Church – Clinton

Clinton Avenue Baptist Church (Slavic), c.1920. The Baptist General Convention of Texas acquired this site in 1920. The church structure probably was erected soon after to house the Slavic congregation of Clinton Avenue Baptist Church. The name changed to Russian Polish Baptist Church during the 1940s, and more recently to the First Mexican Baptist Church of Fort Worth. The simple, wood-framed building exhibits a gabled portico on its gable end. Now a community center, the building, of unusual, possibly prefabricated, construction of vertical wall sections with weatherboard infill, may be eligible for the National Register.

Leave a Comment