Duff-Bartee House – Hemphill

This one-story brick-veneered bungalow is rectangular in plan, with clipped gabled roofs clad in red tile. A porte-cochere projects to the south. Although city directories indicate that Edmund Travis Duff, a salesman, was living at this address as early as 1909, the styling of the house suggests a major alteration c. 1920, when the property was purchased by William Bartee. Bartee was an engineer with the Saint Louis & Southwestern Railroad. The Duff-Bartee House is currently vacant and boarded up.

Leave a Comment