Forrest House – Vickery

The Forrest House is a one-story wood-framed dwelling with a flat-topped hipped roof and forward-facing gabled bay. A shed-roofed porch is set in the ell, supported by lathed posts with decorative brackets. Other ornamental details include patterned shingles and a very delicate jigsawn brace in the gable. Deed records indicate that the land around the house was in agricultural use as late as 1902. The building is an interesting example of a recurring turn-of-the-century house type in Tarrant County. John H. Brandt, a cigar maker, owned the house prior to World War II, but did not live there. The Forrest family has owned the house since 1965. The property is no longer owned by the Forrest family.

Leave a Comment