Fort Worth Power and Light Company Substation – Race

Fort Worth Power and Light built this early brick power substation to serve the Riverside area. It has a hipped roof with a gabled peak and wide eaves supported by exposed rafters. The large central entry was flanked by round arch windows which have been bricked in. The city directory first lists this Fort Worth Power and Light Co. substation in 1927. The building has recently been renovated for use as a residence, and a large addition constructed to the rear of the station.

Leave a Comment