Gas Station – Park Hill

This small gas station is clad in lustrous white terra cotta, with green glazed tile hipped roof. Pilasters are grouped at the corners and frame the entry, which is crowned with a rounded parapet for the original oil company logo (no longer visible). Designed by J. E. Jones, it was built by G. L. Fleming in 1930. An antique shop has occupied the building since 1981. Following documentation of the building’s integrity, it may be eligible for the National Register. The building received the Demolition Delay designation in 1995. A jewelry store now occupies the building.

Leave a Comment