Gibbons House – Morphy

The Gibbons House is a one-story gabled wood-framed dwelling with a rectangular in plan and clad in brick below the gable. A hipped porch with brick piers wraps around the front and side. Built c. 1913, it was occupied by the Gibbons family through the 1940s. The extensive use of brick gives the house a strong presence on its corner site. Since first documented, the Gibbons House has been sensitively rehabilitated. One alteration since documentation was the removal of the tripartite window on the gable end. It was replaced with a round vent. The house was designated as a Historic and Cultural Landmark in 2000. The upper photo was from the original survey; the lower photo was taken in 2006.

Leave a Comment