Guertler-Harris House – Hemphill

This two-story gabled house is constructed of stone on the ground level and wood-framed above. Differing bays and roof shapes give the structure a varied profile. It was built by Arnold Guertler, a realtor and developer, c. 1905. The Guertlers lived here until 1943. Since then, it has been owned by the Harris family. The design has been attributed to L. B. Weinman. With further documentation, the house may be eligible for the National Register. The Guertler-Harris House was designated a City of Fort Worth Historic and Cultural Landmark in 1991. An awning has been added over the windows in the centered gabled bay.

Leave a Comment