– Hillcrest

William K. and Elsie Stripling first resided in this two-story house in 1928. Stripling was vice-president of the family department store, and W. C. Stripling Co. In composition, the house is a hip-roofed block flanked by a terraced loggia on the north and a recessed, two-story wing on the south. Distinctive features of the residence include the Classical portico and the semicircular base-relief panels above the first floor windows. The original tile roof remains, although the brick wall surfaces have been painted.

Leave a Comment