McCarthy Building/ Cliff Majors Chevrolet Dealership – Main

Tax records and a builder’s permit suggest that this structure, built about 1927, received a new facade in 1931 by builder M. H. Southwell. Owned by Mrs. J. E. McCarthy at the time, the building housed Cliff Majors Chevrolet Dealership. Bill H. Day located his furniture business and salvage operation here in 1948. The large, one-story corner structure features primary elevations of ochre brick; a corbeled, blind arcade cornice is topped with red tile and terminated by end piers. The shop windows have been altered and a metal awning added.

Leave a Comment