Nash House – 8th

The Nash House is a large two and one-half story structure, rectangular in plan, faced in partially glazed dark red and blue brick. A bracketed hipped roof with accentuated eave caps the house, broken by flush gabled dormers on the front and sides. A full porch with cast stone Tuscan columns extends across the front. A gabled porte-cochere projects to the north. Attributed to architect L. B. Weinman, the house was built c. 1915 for John G. Nash, general manager of the Talbot Mfg. Co. The house was sold by his widow in 1934 and occupied by the Harrison Clinic for over 30 years. The building was recently renovated as a Ronald McDonald House to board out-of-town families whose children are being treated for cancer and heart disease in Fort Worth hospitals. The interior and exterior have been altered. The house is potentially eligible for the National Register following restoration. Until recently, the house was used by a child development service. It is now owned by a law firm/title company. The owners have removed the nonhistoric dark glass that was used to enclose the porch following the building’s original documentation in 1983. The lower photo was taken in 2007.

Leave a Comment