North Fort Worth Presbyterian Church – Clinton

North Fort Worth Presbyterian Church was organized in 1903 and acquired this site in 1905. The congregation merged with John Knox Presbyterian Church in 1951, and moved to the River Oaks area. The property was purchased in 1951 by the Board of the Church of the N’azarene; the renamed Iglesia del Nazareno serves their Spanish-speaking members on the North Side. Built c.1920, the two-story, wood-frame church is composed of a long gabled mass with a diagonally set corner tower. Containing a double door on the first floor, the tower rises to a crenelated parapet over acornice with dentils. Aparsonage adjoins the church to the rear. The church is now clad in asbestos siding.

Leave a Comment