Park Hill Fence and Gates – Park Hill

The Park Hill Subdivision was developed by William Bryce’s Fairmount Land Co. in 1925-26. The site plan, by landscape architects Hare & Hare of Kansas City, consisted of concentric curving streets which followed the contours of a promontory. The streets end at Park Hill Drive, a straight street which abuts the subdivision on the south. A wall, constructed of dark polychrome brick, extends along the border of the subdivision, set back from the street by a strip of lawn. Stepped sections follow the slope, separated by piers with cast stone slab tops. Each of the four streets entering the subdivision is flanked by clusters of brick pylons, the tallest of which are inscribed with “Park Hill” in the cast stone capitals and surmounted with metal lanterns.

Leave a Comment