Parker-Weaver House – Hemphill

This two-story wood-framed house is veneered with brick, has a generally rectangular plan, and cross-gabled roof. A walled terrace extends across the front, where it is covered by a shed-roofed porch with Tuscan columns, and south side, where it is equipped with a Tuscan trellis. The front gable end, clad in stucco, appears to have altered fenestration. John M. Parker, owner of a drugstore and secretary-treasurer of the Parker-Browne Co. (see 1212 E. Lancaster Avenue), commissioned architect Marion L. Waller to design the house and contractor B. F. Sargeant to build it in 1908. He sold it the following year to Clarence Thompson, a stockman, who, in turn, sold to Logan Weaver in 1920. Weaver, an oil well contractor, retained possession until 1954. The house is one of two known residential works (see 3 Chase Court) in the Southside by Waller, an architect who worked on several important schools. The Parker-Weaver House has been demolished.

Leave a Comment