Reeves Apartments – 6th

The two-story Reeves Apartments building is clad in dark ochre brick, compactly planned with recessed porches on the second story. The brackets beneath the flat roof overhang are visually reinforced by vertical cast stone bands on the walls. The structure was built for Mrs. Georgia F. Reeves c. 1917. Its design has been attributed to L. B. Weinman. It may be eligible for the National Register as one of a group of early, well-designed apartment buildings in the Southside. The Reeves Apartments building is a contributing resource in the Fairmount-Southside Historic District (local and national).

Leave a Comment