Stephens House – Richmond

The Stephens House is a one and one-half story wood-framed residence clad in narrow clapboard. With a rectangular plan, its symmetrical composition consists of a central projecting bay flanked by identical trellised entry porches. The gabled roofs have flaring eaves and eave returns. Delicate arched and Palladian windows are set in the upper story. Built c. 1919, the earliest recorded owner was William El. Stephens, a car inspector with the M-K-T Railroad. The Stephens House is a contributing resource in the Fairmount-Southside Historic District (local and national). It is now painted Wedgwood blue with cream colored trim.

Leave a Comment