Treadway House – Hemphill

The Treadway House is a large two-story structure, with rectangular plan, gabled roof and full two-story portico supported by boxed posts. Built in 1940 by contractor J. M. Frazier, the property was owned by Mrs. Mary Treadway and used in part as a boarding house. The simple detailing and symmetry of the design are typical of the Colonial Revival style of the period. The Treadway House has been demolished.

Leave a Comment