Walton House – Hemphill

The Walton House is a one-story wood-framed structure clad in clapboard, with hipped roof and forward projecting gabled bay. A porch with Tuscan columns is set at the juncture. The house was built c. 1906. The earliest recorded owner was George H. Russell, a stockman. James C. Walton purchased the property c. 1910. Walton owned a grocery company; the Waltons retained ownership through the 1950s. The Walton House was demolished in January 2007.

Leave a Comment