Webb House – Northside

Mechanic’s liens of 1906 and 1909 indicate that Cuthbert B. Webb, a contractor, prepared the plans for his house and probably was responsible for construction. Waples-Painter Co. completed interior finish work. The house remained in the Webb family until 1971. The large two-story residence features a two-story gallery under the flaring hip roof. Two giant rusticated concrete block piers support the gallery of the frame house, which has been covered in asbestos siding. The large residence has been subdivided into four apartments since 1970.

Leave a Comment