West Fork of Trinity River Bridge – Jacksboro

The 1927 Bartholonew and Associates street plan recommended the construction of a dignified parkway leading from the city to Lake Worth. Improvements to Jacksboro Highway, leading north from Henderson Street past the new Rockwood Park, were completed in 1931. The 486 foot long bridge was designed by highway department engineers Gib Gilchrist (highway engineer) and G. G. Wickline (bridge engineer). Frank Parrott was the contractor. Of reinforced concrete, the four-lane highway bridge is supported by five graceful, triple-arched piers and two solid piers on the riverbed. Concrete arcaded railings once supported streetlamps; these have been replaced with modern light standards.

Leave a Comment