Whitehead’s Landscape Architects – University

Whitehead’s Landscape Architects and Contractors first occupied this structure; Mrs. Nell Whitehead, the head of the landscape firm, resided upstairs. The property was purchased in 1944 by Dr. Curtis S. Durham, a dentist. The French period eclectic structure features a steeply pitched hip roof clad in tile over walls veneered in Coronado shellstone. Arched windows and fine stone surfaces embellish the structure. Originally an office set in a small enclosed garden, later construction to the south seriously detracts from the site.

Leave a Comment