Zion Lutheran Church – Eagle

R.S. Smith of Dallas designed the one-story parish hail as the original sanctuary in 1945. The current main sanctuary was built in 1966 according to the designs of George Christionson, architect. This stone church is a simplified Gothic Revival design. Both the parish hail and the main sanctuary have steep front gables with a central pointed arch entry. The upper half of the main sanctuary’s front pointed arch is filled with stained $lass. Richly textured quarry limestone cut in narrow horizontal cour¬ses provides the facing for both the 1945 and 1966 church buildings.

Leave a Comment