Arlington Heights Methodist Church – Camp Bowie

Arlington Heights Methodist Church was formally organized in 1923. Continuing growth of the congregation led to the 1928-29 construction of the Religious Education Building which housed church services until 1951. Of buff brick with cast-stone trim, the Tudor Revival structure stands two stories over a high basement. Steeply pitched cross gables and gabled wall dormers … Read more

Arlington Heights Presbyterian Church – Camp Bowie

A cornerstone and tax records indicate that this church was initially constructed in 1922 as Arlington Heights Presbyterian Church. A reading room was added in 1955. Ownership of the site passed to Partners in Prayer, Inc. in 1965; the First Church of Christ Scientist relocated in 1976 to this site. The polychrome brick- veneer church … Read more

All Saints’ Episcopal Church – Crestline

Organized from a mission begun in 1946, All Saints’ Episcopal Church acquired this triangular lot in 1947. Construction of the present church took place in two phases. In June, 1949, construction began on the parish hall, a long gabled structure of dressed Lueders limestone with a half timbered gabled portico in the Tudor Revival style. … Read more

Meadowbrook United Methodist Church – Meadowbrook

The original Meadowbrook Methodist Church on this site was built in 1928. The growth of the congregation prompted church members to form a building fund in 1940 to raise funds for a new sanctuary. By 1946, the building committee raised sufficient funds to hire Wiley G. Clarkson, the architect of many significant Fort Worth buildings, … Read more

Ridglea United Methodist Church – Locke

Typical of many growing church congregations, Ridglea United Methodist church underwent a series of building campaigns between 1943 and 1965. The church site, however, retains a remarkable visual history of all of its sanctuary structures. Although moved . across Locke Avenue, the original 1943 church remains, a simple gabled structure of wood-frame construction. The 1947 … Read more