Robertson-Muellar-Harper Funeral Home – 8th

In 1887, L. P. Robertson established a funeral business in downtown Fort Worth. The firm moved to several downtown locations before moving to 1326 Pennsylvania Avenue (now Margaret Meacham Hall of the Fort Worth Woman’s Club, see separate entry for that address) in 1929. In 1921 Fred Muellar became a partner and E. C. Harper … Read more

Flint House – Terrell

Bill B. McHarg & Co. designed and built this house for May Pearl McDonald Flint, the young widow of prominent African American banker William Madison McDonald, and her second husband, Clarence W. Flint, Jr. It was constructed on the site of McDonald’s two-story Classical Revival mansion. The new house embraced the modern trends of the … Read more

Richardson House – Galvez

This un¬usual house, a blending of bungalow, ranch, and mission style architecture, is faced in tan brick and has a red tiled hipped roof. The house has a full recessed porch with arched side openings and a hipped porte-cochere. Charles O. Chromaster was the architect, and Charles W. Robinson served as the contractor. The house … Read more

Mason-Stegall House – Ridglea

Well suited to its corner site, this irregular V-plan house has receding wings which enclose a garden to the rear. The dwelling is a successful combination of Colonial Revival and Ranch styles. A one and one-half story saltbox, clad in shingles, the house features a framed overhang with pendants to form a cutaway entry porch. … Read more