Alma Turner Building – Forest Park

This one-story commercial building is clad in yellow brick and has a red-tiled shed roof façade. The arched breezeway is the result of a recent alteration. The building has always housed commercial and professional tenants. Tillery’s Market and Renfro’s Drug # 16 were located here for many years. Ida Loving Turner had the property built in 1929. She was one of the founders of the Fort Worth Children’s Hospital and postmistress in Fort Worth during the administrations of Cleveland and McKinley. The building was named for her daughter.

Leave a Comment