Andersen House – Grove

A. Malcolm Anderson, a laborer at the North Side packinghouses, 118 lived in this vicinity as early as 1894, and in this house by 1899. In 1907 he opened a grocery at 421 E. Central Avenue, around the corner from this residence. Early ownership records are unclear, but the property is still owned by Anderson’s estate. In this typical vernacular form, the one- story, wood-framed house has gabled wings projecting to the front, side and rear from a central hipped block. Embellishments include decorative shingling in the gable ends and original turned posts on the hip-roofed entry porch. The house has been demolished, but is retained in the survey report for purposes of documentation.

Leave a Comment