Bewley-Mullins House – Cooper

The two-story wood-framed Bewley-Mullins House is rectangular in plan, clad in grey-painted shingles and has a combination gabled and hipped roof. A porch, with rusticated concrete block base and tapering wood columns, and contiguous terrace, has been enclosed. The earliest recorded owner, in the 1909 city directory, was Edwin E. Bewley, president of an insurance company and manager of a flour mill. Frank M. Mullins, a physician, purchased the property c. 1913; his widow lived here through the early 1950s. It is one of the few residences left in the vicinity of nearby Harris Hospital. The Bewley-Mullins House has been demolished.

Leave a Comment