Coffey House – 7th

Dr. Alden Coffey, who ran the Coffey Clinic, purchased three lots in 1928. Constructed in 1929 by contractor A. J. Howard, this large house was designed by architect Ben B. Milam. The Tudor Revival structure is faced in polychrome clinker brick, with half-timbering, sandstone and cast-stone trim detailing. Cross gables, gabled dormer windows and a porte-cochere with crenelated parapet give the house an asymmetrical roof line. It appears to be eligible for the National Register as a work of architecture.

Leave a Comment

Membership has its rewards

Please join with other generous individuals, corporations, and foundations to help Historic Fort Worth with its mission to preserve history.

Tour McFarland House for Free. Receive free membership tour tickets as other discounts.

Historic Fort Worth is a 501c (3) charity.