Collett House – Elizabeth

This two-story brick-veneer house with hipped roof and full front portico appears to have been built on speculation by the John C. Ryan Land Co., in 1918. It was sold to contractor Robert Walker in December of that year. Walker sold the house in turn to Edward K. Collett in March, 1921. Collett was an executive with several insurance companies. He was also a park commissioner in the 1920s; a city park is named for him. The Colletts lived here until 1949. The Collett House is a contributing resource in the Elizabeth Boulevard Historic District (local and national).

Leave a Comment