Hickman and Clark Drugs – Main

This two-story building was constructed in 1918 as Hickman and Clark Drugs on corner property owned by L. B. “Alonzo” Clark. Frank J. Singleton was the architect and R. M. Thompson is listed as the builder in the mechanics lien. A number of drugstores have carried on business at the site since 1930, and during the 1930s and 1940s a post office substation also was located here. The brick structure of rectangular plan features corbeled sill and cornice bands topped by a stepped parapet with cast-stone trim. The first- floor storefronts have been altered extensively.

Leave a Comment