House – 426 Samuels Avenue

426 Samuels Avenue, House, c. 1898.  A simple shotgun house constructed of vertical boards and batterns, this structure first appears on an 1898 Sanborn File Insurance Map.  It was a rental property; Henry Jahn, a blacksmith who occupied the house from 1903-1908, is the first identified tenant.  The house has been demolished, but this listing is retained in the survey for purposes of documentation.