House – 408 Diamond Street

408 Diamond Street, House, c. 1898-1902; c. 1919.  This house was probably constructed between 1898 and 1902 for the Waples Platter Grocery Co. H.S. Dumas purchased the property in 1902 and rented the house to Walter V Harris. Harris, a concrete foreman, and his family leased the property from Dumas until 1940 when it was purchased by Harris’ daughter, Berta Harris Bayer.  Mrs. Bayer was born in the house and lived here through the early 1980s.  A one-story wood frame house with board and batten siding, this folk dwelling had a two room section added to the rear of the house about 1919.  This house has been demolished, but the listing is retained in the survey for purposes of documentation.

Leave a Comment