J. L. Sealy Building – Main

The Sealy Building is a two-story brick commercial building with a rectangular plan, projecting end piers and central rounded parapet framing a cast stone plaque with the date “1916.” The building was erected for James L. Sealy, proprietor of a meat market and grocery store. His name is inscribed on a panel on the front wall. The brick was painted white following the original survey. Presently, it is boarded up and appears to be vacant. The lower photo was taken in 2006.

Leave a Comment