Johnson House – Hemphill

The Johnson House is a two and one-half story brick residence with a hipped roof, full hipped porch and large hipped dormers. Built c. 1919, it was the residence of contractor Ernest V. Johnson. Johnson converted the house to apartments in the early 1920s and continued to live there until 1934. Still used for apartments, the house is one of the few large residences to survive on Hemphill Street. The Johnson House has been demolished.

Leave a Comment