Keeton House – Leuda

The Keeton House is a two-story wood-framed dwelling built c. 1908. It has a rectangular plan and an overhanging gabled roof. It is clad in channel rustic siding and has a Craftsman style balcony and shed-roofed dormer. A tetrastyle portico of Tuscan columns and paneled balustrade, added in 1935, sits incongruously on the original house. The earliest recorded owner was John E. Keeton. His son, Harry, owner of a broom factory, took possession c. 1914. The house remained in the Keeton family through the 1960s. It is a conspicuous structure in a neighborhood of cottages.

Leave a Comment