Mary’s Creek Bridge – Chapin School

Extant plans in the Tarrant County Public Works office show that D.A. Davis, County Engineer, was responsible for the design of the concrete end piers for this one-lane bridge in 1927. The steel pony truss bridge apparently was erected soon after, as a second set of plans for Project 1041-11, by Henry Cook, County Engineer, dating to 1939, contained specifications for adding a new wooden roadbed and railing to the existing truss. By 1970, County Road No. 1041 had been realigned just west of the now-abandoned bridge. In 1975, the land on which the bridge lies was sold to a private owner.

Leave a Comment