Moore-Abbott House – Forest Park

The steeply pitched gabled and jerkinhead roofs and red brick walls of this house recall residential architecture of Tudor England. The impression is reinforced by the pointed arched entry and dominant chimney with corbelled top. The delicately scaled, sinuous half-timbering is unusual. Built c. 1927, the first recorded owner was Joseph W. Moore. The Abbott family occupied the house from the mid 1930s until 1976.

Leave a Comment