Outlaw House – Central

John Calhoun Outlaw, a native of Tennessee, moved to North Fort Worth in 1896 to work as an engineer for the Cotton Belt Railroad. In 1914, he began construction of a new house on Central Avenue. The large two and a half story wood-frame house features a two-level gallery that wraps around the front and east sides of the house, supported by Tuscan columns. Narrow-milled wood siding sheaths the structure; a sidelit door enters off the left side of the porch. Remaining in the Outlaw family until 1976, the house was divided into apartments and later condemned. The present owners purchased the property in 1983 and restored it to its present excellent condition for use as law offices. The structure may be eligible for the National Register pending further historical and architectural research.

Leave a Comment