Parker-Tangey House – Edgewood

John M. Parker, Vice President of Simon Hubig Co., a wholesale banking firm, built this elegant bungalow in 1922. The house was designed by O.H. Atkinson and constructed by WE. and T.L. Snead. Mr. and Mrs. J.L Tangey moved into the house in 1949, and it remains in the Tangey family. The one-story, red brick house has an unusual gabled front porch that combines “classical” Tuscan columns and “Gothic” half-timbering in the gable end. A delicate paneled frieze forms the base of the gable, and a window with medieval small lights sits in the middle of the gable’s half-timbering. The house has three chimneys which are unusual for a house this size.

Leave a Comment