Rappich House – El Campo

Eugene Sergi, a contractor and stonemason (3423-25 W. 4th Street), purchased several West Side lots in 1928 and 1935. Sergi sold this Queensborough Addition parcel to Maggie and Dominic P. Rappich, a carrier for the Post Office, in 1947. A builder’s permit issued later the same year indicates that Sergi erected his house for the Rappichs. The small bungalow, almost 80 square in plan, is distinguished by its cladding materials of high quality, dressed limestone with quoined corners and window surrounds. The low-pitched gable roof is complemented by a gabled central portico; over the arched entrance is a stone panel illustrating the Lone Star.

Leave a Comment