Robertson-Muellar-Harper Funeral Home – 8th

In 1887, L. P. Robertson established a funeral business in downtown Fort Worth. The firm moved to several downtown locations before moving to 1326 Pennsylvania Avenue (now Margaret Meacham Hall of the Fort Worth Woman’s Club, see separate entry for that address) in 1929. In 1921 Fred Muellar became a partner and E. C. Harper joined the firm in 1928. In 1955, the business moved to this building constructed on the site of the old George W. Armstrong, Sr. house. Wyatt C. Hedrick designed the new building and it was erected by Thos. S. Byrne, Inc. The one-story brick veneer building is a mix of Colonial Revival and Ranch style influences and its residential nature was an intended component of the design. It appears largely intact. The building may be eligible for the National Register of Historic Places for its association with a long-established business in Fort Worth.

Leave a Comment