Scurlock-Broderick-Carter House – Spanish Trail

At the end of a secluded, wooded drive, this house features a large, two-story classical pedimented portico supported by Doric columns. The first owner was Dexter W. Scurlock, a lawyer, who resided here from about 1930 to 1936. A. J. Broderick, an oil man, owned the residence until about 1945. The house evidently underwent a remodeling between 1947 and 1949 for Dr. Coleman Carter by the acclaimed San Antonio architectural firm of Ayres and Ayres. Substantial alterations were undertaken in the 1960s.

Leave a Comment