Taggart-Bailey House – Westover

This rectangular-plan house, designed in the Tudor Revival style, is faced in dark red variegated brick under a hip roof clad in slate. The current owners recall that the structure was featured as the “House Beautiful” of 1936. The structure features a half-timbered, flush gable and a projecting gable flanking the one-story, crenelated portico containing a Tudor-arched doorway. One-story wing additions to the north and south have flat roofs with crenelated parapets and cast stone coping, constructed in 1947. The first owner of the house was George K. Taggart, president of Amtex Petroleum Corporation. In 1950 it became the home of Frank A. and Eugenia Hubbard Bailey, and has been retained by Bailey family descendants.

Leave a Comment