This three-story commercial building and hotel, located at the major intersection of E. Exchange Avenue and N. Main Street, was financed by an early investor and real estate developer of North Fort Worth, Colonel Thomas M. Thannisch. Moving to the area in 1894, he was a city alderman, vice-president of the Exchange National Bank and part-owner of the North Fort Worth Ice and Cold Storage Co. After purchasing the property at the north east corner of the intersection in 1904, he built a wood-frame two-story hotel, the Stock Yards Club. In 1906-07, Thannisch employed contractor C.E. Brown to construct a three-story brick hotel and commercial building on the east side of the existing frame structure. Six years later, the earlier frame structure was demolished to make room for an addition to his brick hotel. Hiring the Fort Worth architectural firm of E. Stanley Field and Wiley G. Clarkson to design the add9ition, the completed hotel contained eighty-six rooms and a variety of retail spaces for lease. The block features ochre brick with a diaper patterned and corbelled brick cornice below the high, stepped parapet and cast-stone detail. Operated as the Hotel Chandler from 1913-23 under the proprietorship of Robert L. Chandler, as the Planters Hotel in 1924, the Stock Yards Hotel from 1924-49, and the Right Hotel from 1950-82, the structure passed out of the hands of the Thannisch heirs in 1982/ The present owner completed a careful restoration of the Thannisch block in 1984; it now houses the Stockyards Hotel. The structure was made a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1984, and is within the boundaries of the Fort Worth Stockyards National Register Historic District.